Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

RAQ install error

Quote Reply
RAQ install error
This resolved itself .. but I wanted to report the error anyway. After I installed, the first domain that I went to domain.com/fileman/fileman.cgi -- I got the following error after authentication:

Quote:
A fatal error has occured:

GT::Template (16241): Unable to create compiled template directory '/home/gossamer/fileman/templates/compiled'. Reason: Permission denied at /home/gossamer/fileman/lib/GT/FileMan.pm line 136.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

I exited the browser and tried again, everything went smoothly from there on out.

Excellent tool, so far. :) Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [AMJones] RAQ install error In reply to
Hi,

Thanks for emailing, the problem is it will fatal until you run it as user admin. We'll fix up the package to create the missing directory.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.

Last edited by:

Alex: Jan 8, 2002, 12:50 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] RAQ install error In reply to
No problem Alex!

A very similar error reared it's head when I installed the non-beta, even after I visited from the 'main' site admin.

Quote:
GT::Template (15124): Compiled template directory '/home/gossamer/fileman/templates/compiled' is not writeable at /home/gossamer/fileman/lib/GT/FileMan.pm line 144.

I corrected the problem by CHMOD'ing the 'compiled' folder to 777 via FTP. After that, the tool worked on all sites.

Hope this helps further. :)

Last edited by:

AMJones: Jan 23, 2002, 10:14 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [AMJones] RAQ install error In reply to
Thanks, I fixed this last night:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=179524

Setting it to 777 is fine.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] RAQ install error In reply to
Uhm, d'oh. I can't believe I didn't find that searching.

You have my apologies. ;) Repeat posts for the same problem are my pet peeve - and i've done it twice. I swear, I'll reform!!!! Angelic

Thanks again, Alex.