Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Runtime errors and no images

Quote Reply
Runtime errors and no images
I have tried installing Fileman three different times, choosing different settings each time while running install.cgi. The program is installing but when I try to access "mydomain.com/cgi-bin/fileman/fileman.cgi" (or "mydomain.com/fileman/fileman.cgi") I get runtime errors. Also, none of the images/ icons are showing up. I navigated into my directories where the images are being kept and downloded them to my machine to see if maybe they are corrupt but they are not.

At first, I thought maybe my server wasn't letting me run image files from my cgi-bin. That's why I tried to install it into my root directory. Even then though, none of the images are working. Any suggestions?

Last edited by:

tralfaz: Oct 15, 2002, 5:45 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [tralfaz] Runtime errors and script not working properly In reply to
Hi tralfaz,

Can you post more specific error messages or better yet the corresponding errors from your error log? Aside from that, it sounds as if your images url is wrong. Right click on the red X in one of the broken images and select properties. See where the Address: property thinks the image is. Once you get that fixed, your other errors should go away too.

Regards,
Charlie

[edit]Fixed some of the typos[/edit]

Last edited by:

Chaz: Oct 15, 2002, 5:55 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] Runtime errors and script not working properly In reply to
Chaz, here are some of the errors...

Onload this happens:

Runtime Error has occured
Do you wish to DeBug?
Line 1
Error: Syntax Error

Do you wish to DeBug?
Line 622
Error: Object Expected

Other errors, for instance when I click on "permissions" then on "root" again, I get

Do you wish to DeBug?
Line 92
Error: 'cmd_do.value' is null or not an object

Or when i click on any of the links at the top such as "Search | Replace | Command | Upload | New File | New Dir | Protect" I get the same Line 622, object expected error.

As far as the images, since they are in the cgi-bin, they are not able to be viewed. If I call the image file directly I get this message:

Execution of (cgi-bin/fileman/images/icons/folder.gif) is not permitted for the following reason:

Script is not executable. Issue 'chmod 755 filename'

I tried to have the install.cgi create the images directory under my site's root but they were still broken.
Quote Reply
SlySlySly All better!!!! This time on install, I made sure to put ALL of the files in the same directory. Including the CGI files. Once I did this, the errors went away and the images showed up. Thanks for the help anyway!
Quote Reply
All the runtime errors are caused by the missing js files. Try moving the images again. Make a directory like images/fileman. Anywhere outside the cgi-bin should work. You will also need to edit the ConfigData.pm file. Look for a line like this:
Code:
'html_root_url' => 'http://www.domain.net/images/fileman',
Make sure that the url is pointing to where you moved the images. Let me know how that goes.

~Charlie

[edit]You beat me to it! I'm glad you got it working.[/edit]

Last edited by:

Chaz: Oct 15, 2002, 7:14 PM