Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Viewing other folders on server

Quote Reply
Viewing other folders on server
I'm confused Crazy

I installed Fileman inside my /cgi-bin in its own sub-folder /gfm so it's in /cgi-bin/gfm . It's running fine...problem is that's the only directory I can see. I've tried various commands to change folders and I get 'folder does not exist'. Where it's installed is shown as the 'root' when I assumed it would allow me into the actual 'root' of my web server which would provide access to all of my files.

Where did my thinking go wrong? Does Fileman have to be installed in my document 'root' for that? Or, are there some commands on a list in some help file I can't find that i'm supposed to be using to navigate to that?

Please advise! Tongue
Quote Reply
Re: [SimCoWeb] Viewing other folders on server In reply to
Hi,

When you install it, it asks you where you want to "root" FileMan in. It does not let you access things outside of that directory (except using Command and Perl feature).

You can edit ConfigData.pm and change the path manually to root fileman in a new directory.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Viewing other folders on server In reply to
Hi Alex. Thanks for the reply.

The 'Readme' file with the installation instructions points entirely to the /cgi-bin and makes several references as to installing it there. Perhaps they could be edited to make that statement you just provided in your reponse about where to install them and what the options are Wink
Quote Reply
Hi,

I'll look at clearing it up, but just to make sure you understand my reply, you do want to install FileMan into /cgi-bin, however when it asks you:

Please enter the path to the root directory where fileman will start at. This means FileMan will display all files within this folder. No trailing slash please.

This is where you want to put a different path that may be outside of cgi-bin.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Viewing other folders on server In reply to
Hi Alex:

Ok...NOW I understand. I went into the Config file and changed that path and it's fine now. Thanks, Alex...keep up the great work Cool
Quote Reply
Alex,

I'm having a similar problem. I purchased the multi-version and when the script asked me for the root path, I entered the root path but when I create a user, I'm unable to assign them to a directory in my root path.

Please advise. Crazy
Quote Reply
Re: [smallmid] Viewing other folders on server In reply to
I'm all set. Had to change the permissions on my root directory temporarily to save the config file.