Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

browser compatibility

Quote Reply
browser compatibility
Hi,
Does anyone use fileman with Opera ? I downloaded and installed but the display is not correct: no images and the frame(s) at the top do not display.

It looks better in IE, but if I try click on 'New Dir' I get a 'page error' message from IE.

Thanks.
Bob
Quote Reply
Re: [regert] browser compatibility In reply to
It sounds like the images and js script are in cgi-bin, if so you have to move them out side cgi-bin and correct the html_root_url in ConfigData.pm.

TheStone.

B.
Quote Reply
Re: [TheStone] browser compatibility In reply to
Hi Stone,
Thanks, moving the images/css did the trick for IE. Opera still does not display correctly, although since I went from W98 to XP, it seems I've had other problems with Opera as well.

I tried editing some html files and it seems that fileman automatically tries to 'clean up' up my code.Tags seemed to get mapped to upper-case and there are a bunch of <P> added as well.

Is there a way to tell fileman not to do that ?

Thanks.
Bob
Quote Reply
Re: [regert] browser compatibility In reply to
In Reply To:
Thanks, moving the images/css did the trick for IE. Opera still does not display correctly, although since I went from W98 to XP, it seems I've had other problems with Opera as well.[/quote]The current version does not support on Opera, but it will be on next release.

In Reply To:

I tried editing some html files and it seems that fileman automatically tries to 'clean up' up my code.Tags seemed to get mapped to upper-case and there are a bunch of <P> added as well. [/quote]I don't think there is a way to fix the issues because those tags will be changed automatically when you switch back to text editor by using the method object.innerHTML. Anyway, I'll try to work it out and let you know.

TheStone.

B.
Quote Reply
Re: [TheStone] browser compatibility In reply to
Hi! What is the ETA for "next release"? I'm using Opera almost everywhere.

Btw, I tested fileman 2.1.1 on different browsers (Konqueror, Mozilla and a bunch of it's clones for Linux and Windows, IE 5&6) it works just fine. Thanks for your great work! The only thing I dream about is Opera support.

Last edited by:

1man: Feb 9, 2005, 2:34 PM