Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

new installation not working

Quote Reply
new installation not working
I have just installed 2.0.3 of fileman. When I try to run the fileman.cgi script it displays the login dialog box. After entering the correct username and password the dialog box disappears and then nothing. The browser status bar starts moving and then stops. I have copied the updated CGI.pm file (as was mentioned in a previous post) but the same problem still occurs. Can anybody shed some light on what might be the problem. I thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Rob
Quote Reply
Re: [rleathen] new installation not working In reply to
I got the same problem. In fact I was able to login at a friends house yesterday (IE6 on Win 2000) and I cannot on my comp (Ie6 or Mozilla 1.5 on Win XP).
Does anybody have a clue? I even deleted the cache and the cookies in IE and it did not work.

Julian.
Quote Reply
FIREWALL issue In reply to
Hi,
I just found out, that fileman works perfectly, when I disable my firewall for a moment while logging on. After login fileman works even with the firewall enabled. Login worked perfectly on two other systems that where secured by different firewalls. Do you have an idea which setting in the firewall might cause these problems?
BTW, I would love to just turn the authentification off at all, since I use .htaccess to secure the fileman installation.

-Julian-