Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Full Username in Links

Quote Reply
Full Username in Links
Hi,

Instead of using using LinkOwner I started using Contact_Name but this doesn't seem to be updated by Community when a user modifies his profile so I've started using the below (to use on the detailed page). However the issue I have is I'd also like to use the same name on a last articles published and I then found the name was sometimes too long and I'd like to shorten it. As you can see with the code below I'm using two fields and I'd like to be able to shorten them as if they were one. Is it going to be better to create a new field in Links from the two below in order to shorten the full name or is there some way to do it in this code :

Code:
<%Plugins::Auth_Community::get_profile($LinkOwner)%><p><%prof_first_name%>&nbsp;<%prof_last_name%></p>

I realise that creating a new field in Links will bring me back to the same issue of updating it from Community but I'm also not sure whether the above code is the most efficient compared to say having just <%LinkOwner_Full_Name%> or <%User_Full_Name%>

Thanks, John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] Full Username in Links In reply to
Just thought about it some more and I think I'm going to have to figure out how to capitalise (if not already so) the first letter of the first name and then only use the first letter of the first name followed by the last name shortened.

Thanks
Significant Media