Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

GCommunity missing from Products page?

Quote Reply
GCommunity missing from Products page?
I feel, that GCommunity seems to have been forgot from the further developments. At least I didn't see too much activities of GT staff in the GCommunity forum, not even news about planned releases...

However I think, that GCommunity is a serious and good software, which can merge/glue all GT software into one serious web application package, by having one common user registration database for a site or site group.

Unfortunately GCommunity is not even advertised, nor even listed on the GT products page, however this would highly increase attractiveness of the GT software for new users...

Why is GCommunity missing from the GT products page?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] GCommunity missing from Products page? In reply to
I think GT are trying to get the Gossamer 3.x versions of their scripts out, before working on making Community work with them Angelic (exactly what I would do, in their position).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] GCommunity missing from Products page? In reply to
Quote:
I think GT are trying to get the Gossamer 3.x versions of their scripts out, before working on making Community work with them Angelic (exactly what I would do, in their position).

I understand this, but GCommunity is still missing on the products page, even after the LSQL v3.0.4 bugfix release.
I think this is a matter of intention (at least if I have a product, I list it on the product list). Angelic

And about the development.
Did you read any comments about GT's GCommunity development plans?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] GCommunity missing from Products page? In reply to
I would like to see an update of G-Community with the same CSS-advantages and easyness like on G-Links 3.x

I think Gossamer should start to charge some money for G-Community-software, so that it makes sense for them to develop G-Community one step further.

Additionally, I want to see a "Multi-Language-version" of G-Community (currently not possible within the user-sign-up forms).

Best regards,

Erich
Quote Reply
Re: [erichcyber] GCommunity missing from Products page? In reply to
Hi,

There does seem to be quite a few posts from users that have voiced how interested they are to see Community receive an update and several interesting ideas that would give Community and its users an edge. I think that it would be interesting to know when the final date for new ideas for Community will be and when the next version is expected. Just so that the Community supporters feel that their enthusiasm is not being heard...

I think that webmaster33's request for a separate script for the admin area would be high on my list and, more update options for fields from Community and to other applications fields. More field types as well like files, ENUM etc. Also template sets for Community and other GT Applications that had a closer resemblance between each other (for the learning curve aspect) would be nice...

But most of all Community is VERY IMPORTANT !!!
Significant Media