Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

How does Validate work?

Quote Reply
How does Validate work?
Hi:

I was testing with some new user sign-ups, and I noticed that even though a new user may not be validated in GTComm (that is, they have not clicked on the link of the e-mail sent to them to validate their account and make it active), the user has been added to, and is registered in both Links and Forum.

Is this correct, or have I messed something up? Should not the user be added to, but remain inactive, unvalidated, not registered (whatever) in both Links and Forum? I would think that only when the validation e-mail is clicked on and activated should GTComm pass on "OK to Validate User XXXX" to Forum and Links.

If this behaviour IS correct, do I need to periodically flush unva;lidated users from GTComm? Will that REMOVE them from Links and Forum?

Thanks!
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase
Quote Reply
Re: [carfac] How does Validate work? In reply to
What are the users Status fields set to? Should be set to 'Registered' once they actually validate their account. Until it is set to that, they can't login, or make posts.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] How does Validate work? In reply to
Andy:

Thanks for the reply... and I think this is where I get it mixed up.

In GTComm: Not Validated
Links:
Forum: Status: Registered and Enabled: Enabled

So, this is OK... since they are not able to pass through logging in in GTComm, it does not matter the status in the "satalite" programs?

How do you clean out the unvlaidated users? Well that also delete them from Links and forum?
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase
Quote Reply
Re: [carfac] How does Validate work? In reply to
Correct. They must be created in the satellite apps so that things like their username or Gossamer Mail email address are reserved.

Quote:
How do you clean out the unvlaidated users

Delete them one by one or wait for Beta 3. =)

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] How does Validate work? In reply to
Alex:

Wait for Beta Three? Whaaaaaaaaaa Hooo!!!!

Thanks for making me feel better- nothing is amiss, and everything is working great!
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase