Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : MySQLMan :

Instalation Problems

Quote Reply
Instalation Problems
I tried to install this but i got problems...i use the untar the discompact the file into my cgi-bin directory. So i put 755 to all directories(mysqlman & templates) and 644 (i tried with 744)...so when i ran the mysql.cgi...i enter the host ...the user...and password..and the browser came with an Internal Error 500. Can anyone help me to work out?

Quote Reply
Re: Instalation Problems In reply to
Did you edit the mysql.cfg file? You need to set some of the variables in that file in order for the script to work.

It is not a plug and play script. Wink

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
First, Thanks fo rthe first help..and sorry to ask all this...but i'm a newbie in this area :)

script_url => "mysql.cgi" <- This one would be "http://www.servidor/cgi-bin/mysqlman/mysql.cgi ....or i have to put only mysql.cgi?
home_url => "/", -> that would be /usr/local/httpd/cgi-bin/mysqlman/ ???
template_dir => $script_path . "/templates", <- i think that is right..because templates..is a sub-directory of the "mysqlman"...

Quote Reply
These are how the variables should look like:

Code:

script_url => "mysql.cgi",
home_url => "/",
template_dir => $script_path . "/templates",
direct_db => 'dbsql',
direct_port => '',
direct_user => 'root',
direct_pass => '',
demo_mode => 0,
demo_host => 'localhost',
demo_user => 'YOURLOGIN',
demo_pass => 'YOURPASSWORD',
demo_db => '',

These are the most important variables. You may also have to set the $db_script_path to your COMPLETE ABSOLUTE PATH where your MySQLMan files are located as stated in the following text in the mysql.cfg file:

Code:

# $script_path = '/path/to/mysqlman';
#
# (You may need change the auto set path part of mysql.cgi as well.)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

I i told...i can get throw this....i have already try out that conf that you gave to me...

Quote Reply
Did you change the permission of the mysql.cgi file to 755???

BTW: To check syntax errors in cgi scripts, do the following:

1) Access your account via telnet.
2) Enter the following command at the command prompt:

Code:

cd /cgi-bin/mysql/

3) Check the syntax of the script:

Code:

perl -c mysql.cgi

If you do this, you will get more information about what is wrong with script.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
I made what you told me ...and i got this error message:
(thanks again for the help :) )
perl -c mysql.cgi
syntax error in file mysql.cgi at line 26, next 2 tokens "BEGIN {"
/(.*?)[^/\\]+$/: nested *?+ in regexp at mysql.cgi line 27.

Quote Reply
The problem now..is that i related before ...and ...now..i can see the mysql.cgi ...but when i press submit...the error 500 come over. I tried to look in the browser to pages which was in templates directory..like confirm.html..and i couldn't see that...should i have seen that? Is that the error..? i have already set 755 to templates...
Regards :)
Bruno

Quote Reply
If you do not see all the template files that are in your server's directory versus the template files you downloaded, then guess what...you need to re-upload all the template files to your template directory in your server.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
opss..i was trying to say,..that i didn't see that in the web! :)

Regards
Bruno

Bruno :)
Quote Reply
Welp, again...if you do not see all the template files via your web browser...YOU NEED TO RE-UPLOAD ALL THE TEMPLATE FILES INTO YOUR TEMPLATE DIRECTORY. How can I make this more clear to you?

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Okay...thanks..i'll do that...i just asked it again..bacause...maybe it could be a permission problem..because the templates is on cg-bin directory..inside mysqlman...but thanks for the help...i'll do right now

Regards

Bruno

Bruno :)