Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : MySQLMan :

Last help

Quote Reply
Last help
Hi all,

I have finished configure mysqlman on my server run win2000 with IIS and now all works very well.

I need understand, when my user login he can see all DBs name, yes he can't drop or manage all DB, he can only manage his DB, but there is always the little problem he can see all DB name, is this normal with mysqlman or there is way resolve this little problem ?

Best Regards

D
Quote Reply
Re: [delfo2000] Last help In reply to
Yes, this is part of MySQLMan, and "fixes" have been posted in this forum...
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Heckler] Last help In reply to
Hi,

many thx, but where is the post with the solutions?

D
Quote Reply
Uh, in this forum! Search!
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Heckler] Last help In reply to

Hi,Cool

Tell me, do you hate me, but I don't know you, I see you reply my post, but you don't want help me.
Ok, thx againLaugh

D
Quote Reply
1) I did try to help you by letting you know that the issue has been discussed in this forum.

2) It ain't my problem if you're lazy and not willing to search the forum.

Anyway, go here:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...tring=JPDeni;#89496p

And search this forum for login show tables, Alex among others have provided info on configuring your MySQL server correctly and also configuring the MySQLman script properly.

No more replies from me...adios!
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Hi,

The easiest thing to do is to edit MySQL's configuration so that you do not allow anonymous access. Make sure there is no entry in the mysql.User table with a blank username or blank password. Once you tighten up MySQL's permissions, MySQLMan will not show you a list of databases.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Last help In reply to

Hi Alex,

this my problem, the other users can't see other DB tables mysqlman works fine, there aren't blank user all user need insert ID and pass, but after login they can only see other Db non drop no manage or see tables in Db the can only manage thier Dbs.
Maybe I need set other in mysql but I dont understand what set.
I'm using phpadmin, and after one user login he can see only his Db.

DLaugh
Quote Reply
Removing the anonymous users needs to be done by your host.
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Last help In reply to
Hi,

I'm the hoster and I'm sure there isn't anonymous user. But if I have a anonymous user he can login, can he it and how ?

Regards

D
Quote Reply
Using mysqlman and the root account, go into the mysql database and then the user table and make sure there are no blank passwords, users or % as hosts