Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : MySQLMan :

Which command is not allowed?

Quote Reply
Which command is not allowed?
Error

MySQL said: The used command is not allowed with this MySQL version.

Query: LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE 'HH_cat_020329.csv' IGNORE INTO TABLE cultivar_02 FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' ESCAPED BY '\\' LINES TERMINATED BY '\n' IGNORE 0 LINES (HH_ID,Registered_Name,HH_Category,HH_Status,RSP)Crazy
Quote Reply
Re: [alietzow] Which command is not allowed? In reply to
HI,

This message from Mysql database not from MySQLMan. It seems that your current Mysql database does not support this command. What version of Mysql you are using?

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog
Quote Reply
Re: [tandat] Which command is not allowed? In reply to
SmileMy problem was solved by doing the following:

WORKAROUND!

1) Edit /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld to add a switch of --local-infile=1 to the statement that invokes mysql.

2) Stop and restart the daemon with /etc/rc.d/init.d restart

3) Invoke mysql thusly:

# mysql --local-infile=1 database -u user -p <script that contains LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE

and database is the database name to import the table of data into and user equals a valid user that has a password.

4) This should populate your file with the text (csv file).

Quote Reply
You should update user permissions appropriately to ensure greater security.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Which command is not allowed? In reply to
I believe I have done that, but I am all ears if you want to test it and tell me of weaknesses.

The host is "localhost", the User is "hostas" and the password is "hostas". If you click on the database "hostas" you'll see multiple tables. Of course, you can click on mysql and try to change permissions. Which brings me to a question that is pertinent to this discussion.

Is there a way that I can limit which databases users can even know exist? I would like it to display ONLY the database "hostas" for the user "hostas" so the temptation to try and trash my database is removed.

So far, all I have been able to do is prevent unprivileged users from changing, but not to prevent them from displaying. Any hints? TIA,

Andrew C Lietzow - The ACL Group, Inc.
Quote Reply

1) Edit /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld to add a switch of --local-infile=1 to the statement that invokes mysql. ??

how would I do this?
Quote Reply
Re: [opius] Which command is not allowed? In reply to
Hi,

I know how to open this configuration file, but it's not obvious to me after I have it open which line I should edit to add the functionality I'm looking for here.

If anyone can post a more clear example of which line to edit, I'd appreciate it greatly.

David
Quote Reply
Re: [davenet] Which command is not allowed? In reply to
You shouldn't edit it, you should log into mysql as root and run:

GRANT ALL ON database.* TO username@host IDENTIFIED BY 'password'
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Which command is not allowed? In reply to
I've come across this problem on my server once again. I still do not have a resolution. I've tried the suggestion from Paul and it did not resolve my issue. I'm also running my server with the Plesk 6.02 server software, and this setup doesn't run it's configuration of MySQL the same way as a generic setup, so not sure that I can try the other suggestion.

Is there another program I could use instead of MySQLMan that has these export/saving functions too?

I'm also open to suggestions for 'fixing' MySQLMan. By the way, using the root user eliminates the problem, but I obviously can't give root user access to my clients.

David
Quote Reply
Re: [davenet] Which command is not allowed? In reply to
Hi. Doesn't Plesk have phpMyAdmin setup already?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Which command is not allowed? In reply to
Yes it does. However, maybe I'm just dense, but I don't see a way to save the results of a query. If you have some pointers for me, I'd appreciate it.

David