Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : MySQLMan :

Odd installation problem

Quote Reply
Odd installation problem
Well I installed the script just as described in the readme file. I’m sure I got everything right as I went through it about 5 or 6 times trying to resolve this problem on my own. The paths are set correctly and file permissions are as well. Now the problem I am having is that it hangs when I try to execute mysql.cgi. An error would be something but it doesn’t return anything at all (no internal server error it just hangs). The offline mode works fine when I try to access it through telnet but that doesn’t help me much either. I’ve come to the assumption this is probably something wrong with the setup of mysql on my web host. Any ideas off the top of your head what could cause such an error? If I don’t give them specifics they are going to point the finger of blame right back in my direction (gotta really nail these people down before they will do anything). If it helps here is the url to the script: http://www.kadin.net/fubar/admin/mysql.cgi Well any insight into this problem you could give me would be great. Thanks.

Quote Reply
Re: Odd installation problem In reply to
In Reply To:
The paths are set correctly and file permissions are as well. Now the problem I am having is that it hangs when I try to execute mysql.cgi. An error would be something but it doesn’t return anything at all (no internal server error it just hangs).
I just tried it using NSCAPE 4.75 over a T1 line and I get your login page no problem...Are you saying it hangs before you get the login page or after you try to login?

easy does it
Quote Reply
For me at least it doesn't even get to the login screen. Maybe its a problem with my browsers cookies or something.

Quote Reply
Most likely it is a problem with your cookie settings...I was able to access it via the following browsers:

1) Netscape 3.0
2) Netscape 4.6
3) Netscape 4.73
4) MIE 4.0
5) MIE 5.0

Regards,

Eliot Lee