Home : Products : Others : MySQLMan :

Unable to open template file errors

Quote Reply
Unable to open template file errors
I am getting the following errors can anyone help me:
firstly this is what mysql.cgi gives me

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : fatal undef error: GT_Template (24092): Unable to open template file '/home/sites/site1/mysqlman/templates/database.html'. Reason: File does not exist. at /home/sites/site1/mysqlman/html.pl line 45

Script Location : /home/sites/site1/web/mysql/mysql.cgi
Perl Version : 5.00503

All paths are correct and files have correct permissions. If I change mysql.cfg to allow direct connection I get

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : fatal undef error: GT_Template (24115): Unable to open template file '/home/sites/site1/mysqlman/templates/login.html'. Reason: File does not exist. at /home/sites/site1/mysqlman/html.pl line 381

Script Location : /home/sites/site1/web/mysql/mysql.cgi
Perl Version : 5.00503

What am I doing wrong?

Quote Reply
Re: Unable to open template file errors In reply to
I'm hitting the same thing on a server today as well.

By FTP the files exist, and the permissions are correct, but they refuse to execute via the server.

I'm thinking it's a UNIX problem, and I'm trying to get an answer from the Systems person about it (it's not my machine).

Sometimes, you can have two paths to the same file, and it depends on the user how it's seen. For instance, this particular installation, I can FTP to the server directory by:

/usr/local/www/sitename.com/htdocs

or,

/user_id1/web/sitename.com/htdocs

both are valid, non-aliased paths (not symlinked), but although they are pointing to the same physical area, under unix they are different devices. Maybe that is the problem.

I don't know for sure, but I do suspect it's probably the reason in my case.

FTP sees the physical layout, while anything executed through the server sees the 'web' layout. It's probably a security thing on a shared server, but it makes life hard.

http://www.postcards.com
FAQ: http://www.postcards.com/FAQ/LinkSQL/

Quote Reply
I Have sorted my problem now. It was a path error!!

Quote Reply
You quite often see this on vservers machines. The web server runs under a chrooted environment, so if your website is in:

/usr/sites/joeuser/public_html

all the webserver sees is:

/public_html

This makes it difficult with paths, as you need to put in the one your web server sees which will be different then what you see in telnet.

This is a rare case though, and I only see it on vservers.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.