Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : MySQLMan :

v.1.02 --> IMPORT BUG?

Quote Reply
v.1.02 --> IMPORT BUG?
I thought this has been discussed before, but I searched the forum for an hour and couldn't find any relevant Thread (well, I found a bunch on IMPORTING problems, but they did not relate to my problem)....

Okay...I have a pipe delimited flat file that looks like the following:

Code:

username|emailaddress
username|emailaddress

I am trying to simply import this file into the Username and Email fields in my Users table.

I have tried a variety of IMPORT configurations, and no matter what I do, the IMPORT is not really successful.

When I use the following:

Code:

Fields:
Delimiter: |
Escape Character: \

Records:
Delimiter: \n
Ignore first 0 Lines

All the records are IMPORTED into the USERNAME and EMAIL fields, HOWEVER, in the EMAIL field, I get break line codes after the email address, like the following:

Code:

EMAIL
email@something.com< br >

(of course with no spaces between the br and arrows.)

When I try using the following:

Code:

Fields:
Delimiter: |
Escape Character:

Records:
Delimiter:
Ignore first 0 Lines

Only half of the records are IMPORTED and the EMAIL field looks like the following:

Code:

EMAIL
email1@something.net< br >
nextemail@somethingelse.com

Has this "bug" been rectified in MYSQLMAN v.1.03 or v.1.05, OR am I doing something wrong?

OR is there a MySQL command that I can use in my SQL Monitor to delete ONLY the break line codes in the EMAIL field? I tried searching the MySQL web site and I could not find the exact command that would rectify this problem. I also tried using LOAD_DATA commands via telnet and the same results occurred.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Re: v.1.02 --> IMPORT BUG? In reply to
Never mind...I just upgraded to v.1.05 and the IMPORT worked great...actually, it was pretty cool to use a local file in my hard drive rather than uploading a file to my server and checking directory permissions.

Very cool!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Sort of a moot point now that the new version is out, but the import fix for the previous version is pretty minor. There's a thread just down the turn pike, albeit with a totally non-indicative subject, that didn't get a whole lot of interest...

http://gossamer-threads.com/...w=collapsed&sb=5

I won't give you any grief about searching the forums. Wink

Dan

Quote Reply
Thank you, Dan...and as I already mentioned...I spent an hour searching the forum! Mad

Regards,

Eliot Lee