Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

I'm stumped - Internal error redux

Quote Reply
I'm stumped - Internal error redux
A few days ago, I posted about an internal error message I was getting after trying to run the demo data base. I've tried everything suggested at least 3 times, have checked the server and it is running other CGI programs just fine and now am completely stumped. After an earlier suggestion, I inserted a debug statement early in the db.cgi script and when I try to run the demo, I get this error message (along with all of the environment variable description):

"DBMan encountered an internal error.

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : Error loading required libraries.
Check that they exist, permissions are set correctly and that they compile.
Reason: default.cfg did not return a true value at db.cgi line 51.

Script Location : db.cgi
Perl Version : 5.00503
Setup File : default.cfg"

I would tremendously appreciate anyone's help with this. It is to the point where I'm going to have to look for another dbase cgi program :( if I can't get this one running. The files I have been using I've posted on the web site at the following location:

www.toytrucklines2.com/db.cgi
www.toytrucklines2.com/default.cfg
www.toytrucklines2.com/html.pl

Thanks again so much,

Tim Lightfoot
JTdesigns

Quote Reply
Re: I'm stumped - Internal error redux In reply to
I noticed while trying to access any file other than db.cgi (default.cfg, default.pass, etc...), I recieved a 500 error from the server.

For example, try browsing to:
http://www.toytrucklines2.com/...in/dbman/default.cfg

And you get a 500 error. This probobly relates directly to the problem, as all of your settings look fine.

I'm guessing that your host has some bizzare configuration on their cgi-bin, I can't think of any other reason... (you did upload in ASCII didn't you?)

Did you ever hear back from the server admin?

- Mark

Astro-Boy!!
http://www.zip.com.au/~astroboy/
Quote Reply
Hi Tim, when I viewd the default.cfg file at the url you've listed above, the file appears to be in binary format instead of ascii.

db.cgi is requiring the default.cfg and the auth.pl files - the error indicates there is a problem accessing one or both of those files.
require "$db_setup.cfg"; # Database Definition File
require "auth.pl"; # Authorization

You may need to manually set the upload function to ascii or add a file-type association to your ftp program so file types .cfg are uploaded in ascii.

Quote Reply
Thanks - I've suspected an ASCII issue and have checked my FTP program several times. What I'll try is uploading from another FTP program and make certain in another way that it is going up in ASCII format. I'll let everyone know later the outcome.

Tim

Quote Reply
Re: I'm stumped - Internal error redux - SOLVED! In reply to
In uploading my files again, I found that my FTP was loading the default.cfg file as binary, even though it was set to text. When I used another FTP program (good 'ol Fetch), no problem and the demo runs.

Thanks so much for all the help...(now to find out why my other FTP program was misbehaving)..

Tim