Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Server Error

Quote Reply
Server Error
I am getting this error when I invoked
the db.cgi file from the cgi-bin .
Any help would be appreciated

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, info@domain.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Premature end of script headers: /home/WWW/domain.com/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.3 Server at domain.com Port 80
Quote Reply
Re: Server Error In reply to
I am seeing something similiar. All paths and permissions appear to be correct, my ISP reckons they support Perl 5.003 and I am still getting a Server Error similiar to this when calling the script directly.

When called with "?db=orders" the on-line de-bugger my ISP features gives the following:-

path: '/cgi-bin/www.intermedia-phd.co.uk/dbman/xx-db.pl' argv[0]: 'xx-db.pl' argv[1]: '' syntax error in file /cgi-bin/www.intermedia-phd.co.uk/dbman/xx-db.pl at line 57, next 2 tokens "new Benchmark" syntax error in file /cgi-bin/www.intermedia-phd.co.uk/dbman/xx-db.pl at line 63, next 2 tokens "new Benchmark" syntax error in file /cgi-bin/www.intermedia-phd.co.uk/dbman/xx-db.pl at line 63, next 2 tokens "timestr(" syntax error in file /cgi-bin/www.intermedia-phd.co.uk/dbman/xx-db.pl at line 72, next 2 tokens "my (" syntax error in file /cgi-bin/www.intermedia-phd.co.uk/dbman/xx-db.pl at line 109, next 2 tokens "$auth_signup and" Execution of /cgi-bin/www.intermedia-phd.co.uk/dbman/xx-db.pl aborted due to compilation errors.

Surely there can't be that many syntax errors in the script?
Quote Reply
Re: Server Error In reply to
One thing I would strongly suggest is getting ActivePerl and installing in on your home machine. I don't have the URL handy, but either Alex can post it or you can look around in the Perl/CGI forum. I know it's mentioned there in a thread I started about setting up a server on my home computer.

While running the scripts won't really do anything that DBMan is supposed to do on the web (unless you have a server on your computer and you configure the scripts that way), what it will do is tell you if there's a syntax error. It's great for debugging before you upload.

Regarding numerous syntax errors -- there's a good chance that there's only one error which is seen as multiple errors when Perl compiles your script. It happens a lot if you're missing a quote or a semi-colon. Always start with the earliest line it gives you and start looking at all the lines before it until you find the problem. It's very rare that the line you see in the error message is really the line where the problem is.

I hope someone with more Unix knowledge is able to answer your questions a little more. The only thing I know how to do is play with the script. Smile

------------------
JPD