Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Virtual Ave:- Internal Errors, Start your engines!

Quote Reply
Virtual Ave:- Internal Errors, Start your engines!
My problems with Tripod have ended...I stop using it! Blah! I switched to Virtual Avenue...the cgi-support is great here...chmod actualy worked! Now it's time for the "internal error", i guess. Blah, here we go...i got this error when i tryed to open db.cgi: Premature end of script headers: /data1/virtualave.net/sagezze/public_html//dasbin/db/db.cgi Huh? I'd like to point out that files that are supposed to be public have to be in the public_html folder...and that there's no real cgi-bin...i made my own...Das Bin...Blah! Da? So...can anyone help?

Blah!
Quote Reply
Re: Virtual Ave:- Internal Errors, Start your engines! In reply to
The most common cause of this error at this point of the installation is an incorrect path to perl. Doublecheck the perl path (first line on some of the files) and make sure you are using the correct path as found in Virtual Ave's documentation.

Quote Reply
Ooops! Just noticed something else amiss in the error message you posted:

/public_html//dasbin

Note the double slashes in there - check your default.cfg settings and make sure you do not have a trailing slash on the $db_dir_url setting.

Quote Reply
Path to Perl...hmm...what would it possibly be? And the trailing slashes...does that mean this "www.blah.com/more_blah.htm/" , as opposed to "www.blah.com/more_blah.htm" ? Thanks for your help, Karen!

Blah!