Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

What did I do wrong?

Quote Reply
What did I do wrong?
I'm kinda slow, I guess. In the db.cgi file it says to "load the config file, and load the auth file." So, I told the guys at eartlink to execute the "default.cfg" file and the "auth.pl" file, since I assumed that the ".cfg" means config and there's nothing else named config.

After that, I checked to make sure the path to perl was correct, and altered all the paths in the default.cfg file to point to the right place.

That's all I need to do, right? Well, it doesn't work. I try to load the db.cgi page and I get a "not authorized" error (403). I put all the files in the cgi folder since the cgi-bin folder is restricted.

I'm running a site hosted by Earthlink.net. My site address is www.extreme-products.com

Thanks for the help,

Mike

Quote Reply
Re: What did I do wrong? In reply to
I would highly recommend visiting the site of JPDeni and reading through her DBMan tutorial.

http://www.jpdeni.com/dbman/tutorial.html

I'm sure if you follow all the instructions providing for installing the demo you will have it up and running in no time.

Hope this helps :)

Quote Reply
Re: What did I do wrong? In reply to
Your "not authorized" error probably means that you haven't set your permissions correctly. The db.cgi file must be set to 755[/b] and the default.count, default.db, default.log and default.pass files must be set to 666. Also, your auth directory must be set to 777.

JPD