Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Multiple file upload solution!

Quote Reply
Multiple file upload solution!
I just discovered a 3 party HTTP Post application that can upload multiple files at once. How difficult (or easy Wink) would it be to integrate that into FileMan? Check it out at http://www.ibulc.com

A sample CGI is available from the download section but I am not to keen with this stuff myself, yet. Frown
Quote Reply
Re: [l8nighter] Multiple file upload solution! In reply to
Well, I contacted Kyle Parker from iBULC and he wrote me a script that I can use with FileMan to upload 100's of files at once quick and easy. It works for me but I have only tested it with the 1 user version of FileMan. I have attached the zipfile that Kyle emailed me. Make sure you read the instructions:

Code:
################## BEGIN iBULC MODIFICATION #################################
# Modified version of fileman.cgi to allow for multiple file uploads
# using the iBULC (http://www.ibulc.com) client.
#
# Based on FileMan version 2.0.3 (other versions have not been tested).
#
# INSTRUCTIONS:
# 1) Change the line at the top to point to your perl (TIP: copy it from your fileman.cgi).
# 2) Change the line below (use lib '/home/...';) to point to your fileman lib directory (TIP: copy it from your fileman.cgi).
# 3) Upload "multi_upload.html" in ASCII to your "private/templates" directory (overwrite the default template after you have made a backup!).
# 4) Upload "iBULC_upload.cgi" in ASCII to the same location as your "fileman.cgi" and CHMOD to 755.
################## END iBULC MODIFICATION ###################################
Post deleted by l8nighter In reply to
Quote Reply
Blush Oops, the file zip file I uploaded as an attachment contained a version of the "multi_upload.html" that I had modified to point to my "iBULC_upload.cgi". Anyway, attached below is a later version that should work for everyone according to Kyle. However, it did not work for me that is why I had modified the multi_upload.html.

Last edited by:

l8nighter: Sep 17, 2003, 10:03 AM
Quote Reply
This worked for me as well. Nice piece of software. I've been looking for something like this for two years.

::corkcollector
Quote Reply
Hey, just found out that it can also resize images prior to uploading to preserve bandwidth. That's friggin awesome! Rock 'n roll.

::corkcollector
Quote Reply
Re: [corkcollector] Multiple file upload solution! In reply to
Hi corkcollector,

I just figured out how to setup that resize thing. I did not try it before because there was no need for it. However, I just purchased a new digicam and I wanted to upload some images to share with my family. I did not have to upload the 25 files of 1 Mb but instead iBULC reduced the size of them before the upload started, so I only uploaded 25 file of about 150 Kb each. Cool.

Anyway, for anyone who has not tried this mod yet, see below a screenshot of iBULC integrated into FileMan.
Quote Reply
I cannot seem to get the iBULC mod that was posted above to work after following the directions. This is the error message I get: fatal error has occured:
Invalid config file: ConfigData.pm. Got: '' instead of actual data. Error: No such file or directory at /mnt/web_g/d42/s18/b01f2fdb/cgi-bin/private/lib/GT/FileMan.pm line 196.I would really appreciate someone helping me out on this one. I am doing a website for my boss and we are going to purchase Fileman and would like the features that iBULC has too which we also plan to purchase if I can get the two integrated smoothly. thanksUnimpressed