Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : MySQLMan :

Installation error

Quote Reply
Installation error
I have installed the mysqlman script and set the permissions as outlined, but get the following error:

fatal undef error: GT::Template (23678): Unable to create compiled template directory './usr/www/users/webgfx/cgi-bin/Alcoa/mysql/templates/compiled'. Reason: No such file or directory at html.pl line 447.

I have been playing around with the script's permissions to try to loosen them up to get the script working and then back off on them, but obviously am doing something wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [webgfx] Installation error In reply to
Quote:
directory './usr/www/users/webgfx/cgi-bin/Alcoa/mysql/templates/compiled'.

That looks like a bad path to me. Double check your config file and make sure all your paths are correct. Also check mysql.cgi and make sure $SCRIPT_PATH is correct (use the full path, not a .).

Post your config here if that doesn't help.

Regards,
Charlie
Quote Reply
Make sure the compiled directory exists and is 777
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] Installation error In reply to
I had already tried all of that, but went back and tried again. No luck. I am posting the mysql.cfg and mysql.cgi files. I have changed the database information, but the format that I am using is the same.

Also, I DID try /usr/www/users/webgfx/cgi-bin/Alcoa/mysql/ instead of the dot (.) in the mysql.cgi file even though this attachment still shows the dot on line 24.

Also, http://www.webgraffix.com/...l/templates/compiled shows that the compiled folder does indeed exist and I have set it to 777 for now.

TIA,
Keith S
Quote Reply
Try these:
Quote Reply
http://www.webgraffix.com/...lcoa/mysql/mysql.cgi

I installed the files. Same result. View the above URL to see the exact error I am experiencing.

Keith S
WebGraffix
Quote Reply
I don't know what to tell ya Keith. I'm stumped :/ Can you check your error_log and see if there are anything more specific maybe?

~Charlie
Quote Reply
Don't have access to the error logs without some major headaches. It has me stumped too. I guess I will just forget about it. I normally use phpMyAdmin, but don't have php available for this intranet project I'm doing for a well known client. Not to worry, as I've come up with an option that will not necessitate a MySQL database anyway. I wanted to get this installed to check out the speed and the features.

Sure would be nice if it could be installed as easy as phpMyAdmin is to install. OR if it had a self-installation script that would check and set what needed to be done. For instance, scripts purchased at www.interactivetools.com have an integrated installation process that checks everything in sequential steps to ensure that everything is configured correctly.

Thanks for the attempts at helping me anyway. It was/is very much appreciated.

Keith
WebGraffix
www.webgraffix.com
Quote Reply
Permission Denied error either means it isn't chmodded properly or isn't owned properly.

Last edited by:

Paul: Feb 17, 2003, 2:06 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Installation error In reply to
Wasn't there a bug fix for a compiled template folder error with MySQLMan? I seem to remember having to apply one myself, after it wouldn't work for me.

Keith, could you try the following cgi script attached, and tell us the output of DOCUMENT_ROOT ?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
I agree with what you are saying except for one thing. I have set EVERYTHING to 777 (it's done correctly), and since I have uploaded the scripts through cuteFTP, I have checked the ownership and everything there (through the command line via telnet) appears correct.

To make a long story short, I'm stumped!
Quote Reply
>>
I have set EVERYTHING to 777
<<

Well you shouldn't be doing that. What do you mean by "EVERYTHING"?
Quote Reply
I know I shouldn't normally. And I wouldn't anyway except for testing purposes. I would never leave it like that for any length of time whatsoever (which is why if you try to view the original URL I posted now, you won't find it). I set the permissions very loose to try to get things working and played around with several different permission levels on the writable directories, etc., but couldn't get things to function.

Keith
Quote Reply
I think the point that Paul was trying to get across is that most Web servers won't allow Perl scripts to execute with 777 settings.

The directory and file usually have to be set to 755.
Quote Reply
Re: [wysardry] Installation error In reply to
Hmmmm... That could be. I actually didn't realize that and I've dealt with them quite a bit. Of course, that could be one of the things that I have just somehow missed while teaching myself what I needed to know (with help from various groups and lists and bulletin boards such as this).

Thanks for the info.

Keith