Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : MySQLMan :

Login

Quote Reply
Login
I finally got the program to work, now I can't login to my database! I am using the correct Host, Username and password - the same I use to login to MySQL using phpAdMin and that I craeted for MySQL.

Anyone have any ideas why I can't login, even though I am using the correct login info?

Thanks In Advance;

Quote Reply
Re: Login In reply to
Can you please check if your browser accept cookies? MySQLMan stores user info in cookies. It could be that the cookies are not being set.

--
Gossamer Threads, Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: Login problems In reply to
My cookies are working properly for IE and Netscape.
However, it does not log me in, and I don't see any cookies being set for mysqlman.

I don't need to edit any cookie settings in the cfg file do I?

Quote Reply
Hmmm some of my sites work properly and others don't.
I don't understand how logging in, is possible without mysqlman asking for the database name.

I have a username and password set up for a specific database name, yet mysqlman only asks for the host,user,and pass.

What do I do ?

Quote Reply
Could you please be more specific on "others don't [work properly]". How do they not work properly?

MySQLMan collects user information on the login page and then connects to Mysql with the hostname/username/password. In the next version of MySQLMan, you as an user and config it such that MySQLMan will skip the login page and take you directly to the database specified in the config file. I am not sure if that's what you have in mind but I hope you will find it useful to you.

Currently, MySQLMan does not allow you to set specific database or set hostname/username/password. You are probably setting the variables for the demo and they serve no purpose unless the demo mode is on (set to 1).

Cheers,

--
Gossamer Threads, Inc.
Quote Reply
Thanks Steven,
On some servers, I can use mysqlman to log in with no problems, on other's it won't let me log in.

I'm assuming that certain hosts (in this case pair.com) won't let me log in unless I specify a database.

Quote Reply
Re: [steven_chen] Login In reply to
Hi,

I was reading this thread trying to find an answer for a question I have and thought that you would probably be the one who can answer it..

On the login page, the way it is now, I can enter whatever host/login/password and it will login.
If the user doesn't exist it will then be created.

How can I stop MySQLMan from letting people creating users?
I want that only users who have been given a username and password by me can login to the MySQLMan.

Please advise if you can help.

Thanks in advance

Leopoldo Innecco
leopoldo@innecco.com
www.innecco.com