Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : MySQLMan :

Revoke drop

Quote Reply
Revoke drop
hi everyone,

I am using MySQLMan now and would need your help with something.

Where can I set the permissions to different users regarding the MySQLMan ?

I have already revoked (directly in MySQL) drop (for example) from a certain user. When I logon to MySQLMan the drop option is available again.

Is there a way of setting different permissions so a user is only able to insert new data and update it, but not deleting, creating and droping ?

Thanks

Innecco

Leopoldo Innecco
leopoldo@innecco.com
www.innecco.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Innecco] Revoke drop In reply to
You will have to edit the templates and remove that option from the HTML. If it's not in the templates, you will have to search through the code to find out where it builds that link to make the changes. On the other hand, if the user does use the drop link and they do not have drop privileges, it will not drop the table.

Regards,
Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] Revoke drop In reply to
Thanks,

I will give it a try. Another question... is there any way to list all users and see their privileges?
Also would like to know if is there any tool for XP I could use to edit the privileges.

Last question... If I create a user directly in MsySQL, will this user be valid and have the same privileges if I use it to logon MySQLMan ?

Thanks again

Leopoldo Innecco
leopoldo@innecco.com
www.innecco.com
Quote Reply
Something funny that is happening is..

When I enter the MySQLMan with that user who has CREATE and DROP revoked, I can create databases and drop them.
But the funny thing is that it allows me to create databases with certain names like "teste", "mysqltest", "testando", etc..
But when I tried creating something like "dumes", "leop", "leopoldo" it said I don't have the permission to do it.

And the ones I create I can drop. Even after revoking DROP and CREATE.

Is there anything else I should do that I am forgetting of ?

Thanks

Leopoldo Innecco
leopoldo@innecco.com
www.innecco.com
Quote Reply
Take a look at MySQLFront: http://mysqlfront.venturemedia.de/...ST&f=2&t=328

It looks like it's not being developed any more but it's still a good for now. It's includes a nice user management tool.

~Charlie

Last edited by:

Chaz: Dec 12, 2002, 6:21 PM
Quote Reply
Thanks

I also found another tool in the MySQL manual that helped me a lot. Perfect for user management.

My onlz problems now are...

How can I set the MySQLMan not to allow people to login unless they have a username and password?
Right now all you need to do is to type anything in there and it will create a user and login.

Also... how can I set a cetain user to only have access to a certain table and database? This way when they login they will only see that table...

Thanks once more Charlie

Leopoldo Innecco
leopoldo@innecco.com
www.innecco.com
Quote Reply
Hi,

Thanks a lot. This tool is far better than the one I had before.

The only thing I want now is to find out how to avoid automatic creation of users on MySQLMan...

I want only users who I set up to connect to the MySQLMan.

Thanks

Leo

Leopoldo Innecco
leopoldo@innecco.com
www.innecco.com
Quote Reply
Haven't you already asked these question?
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Last edited by:

Stealth: Dec 15, 2002, 3:17 PM